The PS150-BOOST provides city water pressure, anywhere. It has been a standard in home renewable energy systems since 1986. It is economical for domestic water supply, drip irrigation and water purification. Use solar-electric power to provide 250 to 10,000ltrs per day from shallow water sources. PSBOOST can push water as high as 140m (460ft).
For 12 to 24V systems (1-2 solar modules or batteries in series) uses only one and the same motor and controller for solar direct or battery systems. Same flow at 12V or 24V! PS-BOOST is not submersible, but can draw water from shallow wells, springs, cisterns, tanks, ponds, rivers and streams and push it through miles of pipeline. Slow pumping minimizes the size and cost of the solar array-battery system, wire and piping.
PS-BOOST is more powerful, quieter and much more durable than plastic RV/Marine pumps. It is less expensive than submersible DC pumps. Wearing parts typically last 5 to 10 years. Overall life expectancy is 15 to 20 years.
- Rotary vane mechanism (positive displacement) made of forged brass, carbon-graphite and stainless steel
- Clamp on assembly avoids alignment problems
- Handles sea water, dissolved minerals
- Survives most freezes
- Brushless DC motor (maintenance free) is same for 12 and 24V application with SAME flow rates!
- MPP tracking, current booster for solar direct applications, Pump speed control , Low Voltage Disconnect for battery protection, Terminals for float / remote switch and low water probe.
- 12/24V-20A Battery charger included
- Installation and Service Manual is highly detailed and illustrated
- 5 vertical meter (20ft) at sea level. Subtract 1m for every 1000m altitude. Pump should be placed as low and as close as possible to the water source. Suction capacity my be further limited by intake pipe friction (or clogged filter) Intake piping should be 1" or larger.
- This pump CANNOT tolerate dirt. Water MUST be filtered clear. If water is very dirty, improve the source or consider a different pump.
- The rated power of the PV array must exceed pump watts by 20% or more. Voc max = 50Volt
- A linear current booster incl MPPT (maximum power point tracking) is already included!
- Solar Tracker (optional) will increase daily yield (40-55% in summer)
- Pump may be mounted horizontally or vertically.
- Pump must not be submerged
- It may be placed inside a 6" (120cm) or larger well casing, suspended by a rope
- Inline Filter: (10") Uses standard filter cartridges
- Installation Kit includes: Pressure switch, pressure gauge, check, drain and shut-off valves and tank tee.
- Float switch for tank shut off if full.
- Well probe sensor to protect pump from dry-running.
- 1 year against defects in materials and workmanship